Events

Plein Aire season is coming upon us!
A group of us PAL folks will be meeting every Friday between 10am- noon May to September in a pre-specified location – see calendar.

Plein Aire is a french term meaning painting out in the open air. It is an invigorating process where we have the opportunity to capture the moment. Often in a loose impressionistic manner. It aids in seeing color, value, large shapes. It aids in loose painting techniques. It improves your drawing skills and your composition skills. And it’s fun.

PAL painters will gather, we’ll decide on what we want to paint that day and then we’ll paint, draw or take pictures. Afterwards we gather again, show each other our work and talk about whatever we discovered that painting day.

Bring your camera, sketch book, pencils, colored pencils, markers, paints and easels. Whatever suits your fancy. Just come out and gather your own image and inspirations. If you can make these paint outs, we welcome you. If not, then we hope to see you on the next paint out.

PAL Plein Air Painters

CALENDAR
MAY 3 – Fish Park Finn Rd Poulsbo
MAY 10 – Silverdale Old Town Waterfront Park
MAY 17 – Port Gamble (Puget Sound Parking Lot)
MAY 24 – Eglon Beach and Boat Launch
MAY 31 – Seabeck Flat Land Big Beef Creek Bird Watching

JUNE 7 – Kingston Waterfront Boat Launch area
JUNE14 – Shine Tidelands Park
JUNE 21 – Foul Weather Bluff Preserve (Sand Dollar Beach) Hansville
JUNE 28 – Adam Park B.Is

JULY 5 – Seabeck Community Conference Center
JULY 12 – Private Residence Indianola ( Address to come)
JULY 19 – Hansville Lighthouse Point No Point
JULY 26 – Port Ludlow Burner Point

AUGUST 2 – Fort Ward by Lynnwood B. Is.
AUGUST 9 – Marrowstone Mystery Bay State Park
AUGUST 16 – Manette Area Bachmann Park Bremerton
AUGUST 23 – Port Gamble – Meet in the Puget Way Parking Lot
AUGUST 30 – Lazy C. Farm B. Is. address to come

SEPTEMBER 6 – Fat Turnip Farm Eglon Rd Hansville
SEPTEMBER 13 – Fay Bainbridge Park
SEPTEMBER 20 – Poulsbo Gazebo
SEPTEMBER 27 – Winslow Waterfront Park

OCTOBER – TBD if we still are wanting to continue and weather is co-operating.